Thursday 21 February 2008

Wednesday WiPs - Frayed Denim Quilt

So it's Wednesday evening, my cold is beginning to ease, children are in bed and the denim and flannel fabrics I have been cutting to size since the week-end are now ready to place. So that is what I did...

This took six attempts before I was happy that most shades of denim were well spaced.

Then I had to place the flannel fabrics so that the mix of checks, plaids and fine checkerboard fabrics didn't clash or be next to the same colourway.

Then once I had pinned each denim square to its flannel square,(wrong sides together), I then had to place the paper stencils where the cut outs where going to be and then decide which fabric would be sandwiched between the denim and the flannel to show through once the denim was quilted and cut away.

So this is were we are at 12.17am on Thursday morning! I shall leave sewing it together for another time, but I have moved this quilt farther up the WiP list. All it needs is the detail sewing into the marked squares, all the squares sewing together and then washing three times to acheive the frayed look. What could be easier?


1 comment:

Meg said...

I hope you are feeling better now. You've got so much done despite being under the weather! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.