Sunday 13 April 2008

Just as well the Cobblers were away to The Blues!

I dread to think where my birthday weekend bonanza would have been if DH and Son followed a different sport - I could be in Augusta, USA - but my chaps follow football - Coca Cola League One to be exact and that meant a glorious two days away in Sunny, (and it was!) Southend on Sea. Daughter and I don't follow football and spend the away matches - should we go with the boys - wandering the shopping centres for trinkets and searching for Quilting shops. We found a wool shop, where I bought a crochet book and sparkly threads to make some christmas decorations for the bazaar stall in November - (project 301! :> lol).

We were able to catch up with Son's Godfather, who lives just outside Southend and spent a lovely evening reminising about our past lives before the Darlings, of University and the stuff life throws at you.

Today we toured Hadleigh, Leigh on sea, Westcliffe on Sea and back to eat at Southend before travelling a part of the M25 we don't usually use and crossed the QE2 bridge, seeing some of the ships we had watched going passed Southend earlier - well they might not have been, but it made Son happy!

I took loads of photos, lots of clouds as they were amazing and some interesting walls - I could see quilts and other textile creative stuff where "normal" people see bricks and mortar! Unfortunately Blogger seems to be having second thoughts about allowing me to show you these. Maybe tomorrow...

No comments: