Friday 18 April 2008

I know what I would rather be doing!

So it's Friday, technically the last day of the Spring Holidays. We started this fortnight with a trip to see the Grandparents and we end this holiday with a visit from my DH's parents. So today is spent tearing around the house, dusting, vacuuming, changing beds, moving all the sleeping arrangments around, cleaning bathrooms and shopping for the food to cover the length of visit - Wednesday.

All the jobs I would usually do on the Monday, once the Darlings have returned to school, are to be rolled into one half day. Yes, I could have done most of it yesterday but a quilting idea got the better of me and I spent most of the afternoon creating a pattern for a Trapunto/Boudis(?) type quilt - you all know the one where you sew a pattern and then pad out the shapes you have created with stuffing and string/thick cotton thread. Well I know what I would rather be doing at the moment, but tidying needs to be done.

And why I am I sitting here blogging?

Good question...

1 comment:

Grangry said...

Blog away - everyone deserves a break!