Sunday 23 January 2011

I started and I finally finished it - part two...

...final piece for Module Four!


Using the word communication as inspiration I chose to make a fan.
Fans were an instrument of communication and had their own language.
How I made the fan can be found on the Module Four coursework blog
Here is the front

There is also a "Dance Card" and pencil attached so my decerning Lady may note down the lucky Gentleman she will be dancing with. Although this "Dance Card" does not hold spaces for names as it holds the meaning of each monture and instructions on how to hold the fan to communicate the message!

Again the explanation is on the other blog site and a bit to long to convey here.


Here is a view from the back

I just have some loose ends to complete on this Module then it is on to Number Five, Hurrah!

And those of you who are Distant Stitchers will know why I feel so happy!

9 comments:

stitching in the sun said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! I know how happy you are and I love your mischievous fan. It would be fantastic to see wearing all your whimsical pieces together, the apron, the fascinator and the fan. Naughty naughty naughty girl. Good luck with module 5, I already know you want to get it finished by summer school ...

Julie Filmer, The Peacock Emporium said...

Alison. I love it - it looks so delicate and I can tell you have put so much into it. The colours are beautiful and the detailing is so clever. Many thanks for all your kind words of encouragement of late. Keep up the hard work - are you on a roll now?

Maggie said...

The fan looks amazing Alison...well done, like you I'm desperate to finish module 4 but seem to have hit a wall!! Good luck with module 5

Anonymous said...

It looks great - well done!

Meg said...

Hi Alison, your fan has turned out really well, it's beautiful - congratulations on finishing it.

Jennifer said...

Wow -- this is an utterly amazing piece. It belongs in a museum or gallery. I hope you're able to get back to sewing today, as planned!

Meanwhile, though we're heartbroken indeed over the Torres move, we simply cannot go in for Chelsea. So we were delighted by the Liverpool win (it was actually on TV here so we could watch) and we'll keep an eye on Torres' career with Spain.

Elizabeth Braun said...

Very interesting piece indeed! Well done!=)

I'm just going to have a look at your Modules 3 & 4 blogs now.

I hope to return to C&G one days soon - there's a lady nearby who teaches it in her own studio and does a range of level 2s, then level 3 cert and dip. I hope to spend 5 or 6 years with her....

Sarah said...

Hi - I just wanted to say that I've been looking at your blog for module 3 - wow - what great work. I'm really impressed. Thanks for taking the time to share these with us all in blogland.
I'm just going to look at module 4.

Anne B said...

Lovely, lovey, lovely