Wednesday 7 July 2010

On the Seventh day...

I can't remember the last time I crammed so much into six consecutive days.

Last Friday, after packing the case and collecting my C & G coursework together I took my Darling Daughter to see the Twilight Saga mega viewing at the local cinema - back to back films one and two, Twilight and New Moon, and then at midnight -Eclipse.
We arrived home at 2.30am!


Saturday I travelled into London to visit the V & A. It was my last chance to see the Quilt Show, which was very interesting. I also had time to look around at the other exhibits and then wander around Knightsbridge and Regents Street. Missed the Parade by minutes, but saw the aftermath of rubbish strewn around. I found Liberty's and wandered around the Haberdashery and Fabric sections. I love this building, especially the central stairs and walkway. Found a scarf reduced by silly amounts, so I bought it. It looks good to wear and when I'm bored with it it can become something else!

Sunday/Monday/Tuesday and Wednesday was spent at Urchfont College with my Distant Stitch course where the guest tutor was Ruth Issett. Lucky Us! I don't think I have every felt so mentally exhausted at the end of each evening for some time. It was great, I have learnt so much in such a short period of time. Big thank you to Sian for organising the Summer School and a big thank you to Ruth for giving such a great workshop.

As an icebreaker Hazel suggested we make ATCs, place them in a coded envelope and then we chose a different envelope and spent time finding out who had made which one from the clues on the envelope and what we might have been wearing.

Above are all the different styles of cards created.

So tomorrow...a day of rest?

Darling Husband celebrates his birthday and

Darling Daughter has her prom, so probably not!

No comments: